"Hey there, space cadet!" - Marco Cruz
Marco Cruz (born March 13, 1968): Another member of The Five. Called the "Repo Man" by police due to his modus operandi of gaining entry to people's homes under the guise of a repossession agent, Marco preyed on couples in and around the Death Valley/Mojave Desert areas. He also worked as a DJ for a short period of time before being imprisoned at the Gardelle County Jail. The "Repo Man" symbol and poem were found near the victims, it reads:
For in the western deserts HE finds a form,
HE is the child with the mouth of blood,
The bleakness before the beginning of time,
HE is the glint of ice in a murder's eye,
The savage heart of every crime.
FOR WE ARE MANY.
Marco is the most "flamboyant" of "The Five" serial killers with his flair for disco music, fancy attire, and not seeming to take anything seriously compared to the others. He carries a pistol and an electric prod he probably stole from a security guard, while at the Gardelle County Jail. He wears a white cap, blue unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt, and orange pants similar to Batrachian or the other inmates. Like all the other serial killers, Marco also has his own theme music that plays when Shadowman/Mike fights him. It's a track that Marco used to play when he was a DJ.
- There is a secret for the PC version called "Disco Mode" that changes all the music in the game to Marco's theme music along with Shadowman/Mike wearing Marcos clothes and with rainbow lights in the background.
- Marco was originally going to have his own 'stage' in the game rather than just being in the Gardele County Jail, but due to lack of time it was never finished or released. The only things released about the ideas for the stage are the title 'Marco's Yard' its not known but it could have been set in the Mojave Desert.
- Shadow Man Remastered includes the Salvage Yard stage that was scrapped from the original game. The stage includes a junkyard of cars and Marco's disco hangout. Since the remastered has an alternate map Marco (and Milton) now drop a prism that leads to a new Prism Gate that will warp Shadow Man back to the Engine Block to shut down the pistons.
- In the PC version of Shadow Man an unused song titled 'Yard' is in the audio files but isn't used in the actual game. The song has a goofy errie disco feel much like the theme when fighting him. This song is possibly another 'track' that Marco made when he was a DJ.
- Judging from the weapon being named "Marco Revolver" and the sound it uses, Marco may have used a Revolver Pistol instead of a Desert Eagle.
- In the Remaster his pants are white because he's not an inmate in the Jail.